Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Dr's appointment and cloth diapers

Went into the valley (yes yes I know, it sounds exciting doesn't it??) yesterday with my sister for my Dr's appointment, we left early, after an hour of fussing with the car trying to get it so we could have the iPod for music and finding out that we needed an adapter part that is a pair and we only had half of it. Then we headed out and stopped off at Wee Bunz, a cloth diaper store for some hands on diaper joy. I ended up buying three of the cutest little fitted diapers and three newborn sized covers. The diapers are sooo cute and soft. and fluffy. and wow, i will have a teeny little hiney to put in them soon....

My Hubby said he would buy some more diapers for my birthday :D I am excited about Diapering with cloth

isn't that tiny and cute!!! I got three of these (yes I am aware I need many more) one in purple, one inn green and one in tan. they have snaps to be really small and to be able to grow with the munchkin, and a snap in the middle to snap it down for the umbilical stump. (ew) And so sooooooft.

We then went to lunch at arby's and while it was fast, the food was sub par. mozzerrla sticks were chewy and old, and the beef seemed a little... meh. not enough cheese on my beef and cheddar either. I had a milkshake. best part of the meal. Then we headed over to the Dr's to do my glucose test. Yes kids at home, I DID have a milkshake half an hour before doing a test on my blood sugar levels. hey they DID say I could eat! Anyway, the drink made me want to puke, and gave me heartburn and a headache, and made me feel a little, funky. Then to I got my rhogam shot right after drinking the glucose, so that probably didn't help any. my butt is still a bit tender on that side... Well after an hour we went back in and the stabbed my finger and I passed at 102. Then we hit the road and went to target where I got some baby items using the gift card from my Father in Law. still have 51 bucks left! Then we went to costco to get store stuff and I was out of water so I was glad when my sister needed a pick me up and I bought us some smoothies, well, me a smoothie and a mocha for her. Then it was dark and we headed home. About this time I was having the hardest time peeling my eyes apart. So when we got back to her house we stuffed my items in my car and I went on home. went to bed at 10. yes TEN. crazy. I know.

Today I have not done much, got up late, ate, took a shower then a bath. washed a load of clothes that now need to magically move themselves to the dryer. My sis came over and took the unworking dishwasher out and gross with the nasty water left in it and its various tubes.... airing out my kitchen as we speak. well, as I type. power is off in the kitchen area kind of, the wiring in this house is strange, it turned off the dishwasher, not the fridge (woot) and my bathroom. not the stove or microwave so food prep is good to go. yeah I KNOW its weird. I wonder if the people who built this house were like, I know, lets have this part of this room and this room be connected to this circuit, but not anything in between.. it will be funny! and then shot up some more meth. ok not meth meth was not really a drug back in the day when this house was built. maybe coke? Acid?

Acid would explain so much about the quirks in the house, I love this house, but honestly, its wiring and functions are rather like the neurological pathways of some one who HAS done acid.

I have to take the car to the shop tomorrow and my sister is going to pick me up after and take me to work. JOY. I will miss having a car that runs nicely and I can count on sitting in the garage. but, I can live for five days without a vehicle. I mean, its not like everything I need isn't a block a way or anything. I mean, just cause I can stand in my carport and see my favorite grocery store doesn't mean I'm near it... :P

what should I have for dinner... gooooood question. I will think of something.

ttyl

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing. But I'm glad that you don't have gestational diabetes.

    I hope that your car gets better double-asap! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete